- Available for Apple and Android phones and tablets and using a browser like Chrome on your computer
- Synchronises with Gmail so if Inbox isnt for you dont worry as everything will be mirrored back there
- Inbox treats your emails like a to-do list and assumes you want to do something with literally every email – just because you have read an email doesn’t mean you are finished with it!
- You can tick an email once you are done with it (akin to archiving in normal Gmail)You can also schedule an email to be a reminder – lets say a supplier sends you an invoice due in a month’s time you can set a date where it will remind you
- Helps you include certain labels (folders) to appear bundled in your inbox – there are the usual Primary, Updates, Promotions and Forum and you can add your own label to sit there too ( I pick up personal emails using a different address which filters to a label so now I can have a combined inbox of work and personal)
- Three functions to Inbox namely Pin (to another label), Snooze (remind you later) and Done (tick to make it go away)
- Google Now is also incorporated so reminders about flights, events and information on delivery for goods you have ordered automatically display
- Works with free @gmail.com and Google Apps for Work accounts
Where to sign up: inbox.google.com
I’d love to know how you get on with it and please ask any questions in the comments section below.